My Grand Marquis

Posted by Rell


I own a black 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. I recently purchased it for 2 grand at an auction. At first all I can think about was a four door truck or SUV and a Ford Crown Victoria. That's all I had my focus on. I knew the the two were basically the same vehicle just different brands. The Grand Marquis rides pretty smooth. It's runs quick and bold. Thanks to the V8 engine for this big car.

When I purchased the car I was kind of hesitant about it. That when away with our first drive on the highway. I found I fell in love with it. I would use my cruise control on trips longer than 30 minutes. Cruise control is a great invention on cars. The only thing I'm not to happy with is my rear suspension. To me it sits to low or it's not at stock height. Even with that flaw it still rides smooth. Bumps don't bother the car because the LS versions come with handling packages. Which explains smooth sailing.

Usually when I see cars I see a potential for enhancement. With my Marquis I've started to put my enhancements into motion. When I first bought the car I had a new stereo installed. Recently I purchased a new antenna (old one was broken off) because I was unable to listen to the radio. Currently I'm researching for 18 to 20 inch rooms. The rooms have to be all black or black and chrome. They also have allow the car to look sporty. Another addition to the car would be either two screens for the head rests or just one flip down screen in the middle where the dome lights are. Next thing would be to re-tint the windows (black of course). Last for now would be to find marauder tips for the exhaust. The engine is strong so I would now just wait to add parts and performance to the car. For now I would just take good care of it.

2 Responses to "My Grand Marquis"

  1. Swanson Says:

    Wow! It is obvious that you truly love this car. You did a nice job describing it.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Nice story bro. I have a 2006 myself. Great cars!!