My Hero

Posted by Rell


My grandfather John D. Lawrence has the greatest influence on my life. My time with him was his last years of his life. He became so sick he had most of his bed bound until he had enough strength to go out. My grandpa J.D. was a very inspirational person. Also he was very wise, and caring. Much of my personality was molded from him. During his last years he taught me many lifelong lessons.

John Lawrence was a minister. He knew ways to reach out to people and catch there attention. He was a big part of church many people adored him. When you encountered his presence you were never left out no matter what was going on. When it came to church if you not able to make it he would come to you and give you the word. He was so inspirational when he talked. He would think of many different ways of seeing your views and his. Always on the positive side.

J.D. was also very wise. Every get stuck with an issue, he'll solve it. He would often have to figure out different ways of bringing the drama torn family back together. He knew how to instill discipline in you if need be a.k.a "the switch". And for some odd reason he knew how to bring out the best in others. Being around him brought security and safe haven from the depressors.

To My Grandfather John D. Lawrence because of you I am the man that stands before the world today.

3 Responses to "My Hero"

  1. bhsartdc.blogspot.com Says:

    Thats cool that your grandfather is your hero. Your grandfather seems to be a cool guy.

  2. Savannah Says:

    my grandpa is also a big influence in my life. he is one of the kindest and smartest people i know, your grandpa sounds really cool

  3. Bay Says:

    This is very good, It's great that your grandpa had so much influence on you, he seems like a great guy